MILF 7 (My Incredible London Food List): WA Cafe (Review)

By Shu - 17:57


I love visiting japanese bakeries! Unlike the usual western pastries, Japanese ones always manage to strike a balance that gives full intense flavour and yet is easy and light on the palate. Today's food hunt brought us to WA cafe, a cute little Japanese patisserie at the corner of Ealing Broadway. We arrived on a Saturday morning, and the place was packed! There are only 3-4 tables so we had to wait around for quite a bit!

WA Cafe
32 Haven Green
Ealing, London W5 2NX
Open everyday but Tuesday


The cakes here are not cheap, averaging about £3-4 each, but they have a very wide selection of cakes and everything looked so tempting! I didn't manage to take a photo of every cake we ordered, but our favourite cakes had to be the Sakura cake (middle photo), the strawberry shortcake (first photo) and the white sesame cheesecake (not pictured). The white sesame cheesecake is absolutely heavenly and a must try if you're a sesame fan like me! It's unbaked, very smooth in texture and the intense sesame flavour hits you straight on. Yummmeh.

 

They also had a wide variety of savoury breads on offer, which were considerably cheaper than the cakes. I loved the infusion of Japanese flavours and ingredients (teriyaki!!) into these breads. Also, Japanese buns are usually characterised by their light and fluffy texture, which goes really well with the intense sweetness/saltiness of Japanese flavours.

 My favourite of the lot we tried was definitely the karaage roll (last photo) - soft white bun filled with karaage (Japanese fried chicken), salad, BBQ sauce and Japanese mayonaise.


Drinks were somewhat disappointing though, which was so unfortunate! My matcha latte was not as thick and strong as I would have liked it to be, and the cafe latte was just average. The yuzu tea (last picture) had a refreshing citrusy fragrance which was fortunately not reminscent of household cleansers but worked very well to wash down all the yummeh food we had earlier in the cafe. It'd be my pick for a drink here for sure!

Hope you enjoyed my review! With both savoury and sweet dishes on offer, I'd definitely recommend WA cafe for a quick weekend brunch. I only wish they expanded their premises so it'd be less busy and more leisurely!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments